Long trips in your car can be quite tiresome for, particularly if you are travelling alone. Even with your family, it can get dull, especially if you have kids. Without an outlet for all their pent-up energy, kids can turn to you (assuming you are the one that’s driving!) for providing entertainment. This can be distracting and dangerous regardless of if you are on the highway or a side street.A 12-volt entertainment unit can solve all your boredom issues and make the trip fun and enjoyable.
Make Your Car a Home Away From Home
For those suffering from motion sickness and inability sit still for too long, travelling long distances in a car can be extremely monotonous and suffocating. Moreover, the constrained space does not help. Toddlers will start wailing and crying to go back home. Teenagers, in all their rebellious sulkiness, will want to watch their favorite shows on TV. To avoid all this and more, it is an excellent idea to install a 12-volt DVD player to turn your car into a fun zone for your entire family!
12-volt entertainment systems with LCD screens are already quite popular and come pre-installed in many high-end vehicles. Moreover, a modern DVD player can also accept and play media from your flash drive or phone. Most DVD players come with a lot of other great features that can make life easier on the road.
Advantages of 12 Volt DVD Players
- They draw power from the car. So, you do not have to worry about recharging or buying new batteries for your DVD player.
- They are fully remote-controlled. So you can ask your spouse or kids to operate the player and concentrate on the road instead of fiddling with the controls.
- They support multiple media formats (DVD, DVD+/-R/RW, CD, MP3, MP4, JPEG, etc.) and can be used to play almost all types of videos, music and even display pictures. Modern players support internet streaming services like Netflix and Spotify too.
- They come with USB ports to attach your flash drives and play anything you wish to. Some players can also accept projectors that allow you to use them for a larger screen at a campground.
- Many allow you to integrate a GPS system or a phone. This lets you get directions or answer the phone without taking your hands off the wheel.
12V DVD players can make boring drives fun and entertaining. They can use a radio for short trips or a movie theater for an RV. Depending on how much you want to splurge, you can use it just to listen to some music or turn your vehicle into a mobile entertainment center.